And the results are in for Day 1 of the Pun v Punter competition. It went down to the wire, but while Nottingham Forest turned our Championship treble into a dead duck with a terrible opening 12 1st half minutes in Preston, Kevin’s was on the other side of it have included Preston in his treble. He has landed a £50 Free Bet for his efforts. Well done Kevin, 1 out of five ain’t bad and it’s significantly better than none out of five.
If you fancy being our pundit for Thursday or Friday, see below for details on how to put your name forward.
We've got our match-up for Tuesday's Pun v Punter competition.
It's the might of the Paddy Power Pun Department versus Kevin Hughes.
Kevin is a charming young man who enjoys reading, thinks David Beckham being injured for the World Cup doesn’t really matter a toss because he was hardly going to play anyway and one day he’d like to bring world peace to all mankind. None of that may be true, but it’s the type of thing they say on quizzes so I thought we’d run with it.
The events we're asking Kevin for tips for are:
1. A 1st Goalscorer bet for the Chelsea v Inter Milan match.
2. A Correct Score bet for the Sevilla v CSKA Moscow match
3. The winner of the Cross Country Chase at Cheltenham
4. A Top Runscorer bet in the Kolkata Knight Riders v Chennai Super Kings IPL match
5. A treble on the Championship matches on Tuesday night
The tips we’ve shoehorned into a pun are as follows (see the homepage for the full beauty of the puns):
– Michael Ballack 1st goalscorer @ 12/1
– 2-1 Sevilla @ 7/1
– Freny’s Well to be placed in the Cross Country Chase @ 4/1 (4 places)
– Matthew Hayden to be Chennai Top Runscorer @ 5/2
– Coventry, Reading and Notts Forest all to win @ just under 10/1
Kevin’s gone with a selection that sounds far more likely to happen:
– Didier Drogba 1st goalscorer @ 7/2
– 2-0 Sevilla @ 11/2
– L’Ami to win the Cross Country Chase @ 10/3
– Sourav Ganguly to be top Kolkata Runscorer @ 7/2
– Preston, Leicester and Reading @ just over 8/1
If Kevin gets more profit to a £1 stake than us, he'll e-walk away with a £50 Free Bet.
If you just want to show off your tipping skills or warm up for an attempt later in the week, you can leave your tips or comments below. Alternatively, you can try to get in on the action and put your name down for the draw to be Wednesday's punter by emailing email@example.com with the subject line ‘I’m Going To Kick Your Pun Loving Asses‘