The Puns took it on Day 2 to level things up in our tipping competition, but can the Punter pull clear on Day 3. Pat Farrell has been drawn out of the hat to play Pun v Punter this Thursday. He’ll be pitting his wits against the might of completely random tips designed mainly to suit a pun that our expert team of pun-makers have been working on relentlessly.
In our now customary fictional biography, Pat is an avid stamp collector and is particuarly proud of one stamp he got back in 1995 when he left his foot a little too close to an elephant’s leg whilst watching the St. Patrick’s Day parade.
The events we’re asking Pat for tips are:
– The winner of the Ryanair Chase
– A 1st Goalscorer bet for the Liverpool v Lille match
– A correct score bet for Fulham v Juventus
– A top Runscorer bet for the Royal Challengers v Rajasthan Royals IPL game
– A bet on the winning margin in the Munster v Scarlets game
The tips we’ve shoehorned into a pun are as follows (see the homepage for the full beauty of the puns):
– Deep Purple in the Ryanair Chase
– Torres to score first @ 3/1
– Fulham to beat Juventus 2-1 @ 7/1
– Asnodkar to be Top Rajasthan Royals Runscorer @ 4/1
– Munster to beat Scarlets by 21-25 points @ 10/1
Pat has gone for:
– Barbers Shop in the Ryanair Chase
– Gerrard 1st Goalscorer
– Juventus to beat Fulham 2-1
– Jacques Kallis to be Top Bangalore Runscorer
– Munster to beat Scarlets by 11 – 15 points
If he gets more profit to a £1 stake than us, he’ll e-walk away with a £50 Free Bet.
If you just want to show off your tipping skills or warm up for an attempt later in the week, you can leave your tips or comments below. Alternatively, you can try to get in on the action and put your name down for the draw to be Wednesday’s punter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘I’m Going To Kick Your Pun Loving Asses‘