We’ve witnessed legendary managers put their tactical GENIUS on the line, GASPED at the skills of some of the greatest players to ever grace the game, and passionately CHEERED the glorious moments our heroes win trophies, lifting entire towns, raising the spirits of nations.
The Premier League is celebrating its 20th goal-stuffed season. But Paddy Power is casting a more critical eye on proceedings from the last two decades.
We’ve LAUGHED at pineapple-inspired haircuts, cried at goal celebrations straight out of the crèche and lampooned netminders who should really have been deported sooner.
Now it’s your time to vote on the WORST of 20 years of the Premier League. That means it’s your chance to vote on misses like this from Ronaldo…
- Best of all, Paddy Power is stumping up a prize fund of £5k for the top five places (See T&Cs for more).
While you get to decide amongst your betting peers on whether Andriy Shevchenko to Chelsea or Tomas Brolin at Leeds were worse signings, there’s also some spicier categories.
You can vote for your top WAG, for instance. The sight of sexbomb Adriana Sklenaříková emerging from supermarkets in Middlesbrough after falling for Christian Karembeu cheered up Teesiders no end in 2000-2001. Adriana is in our Fittest WAG category.
Elsewhere, the competition is fierce for Worst Manager, Worst Team, Biggest Donkey and Worst Pundit. Visit The Paddies website here to vote. At the bottom of the page is the full list of categories for your debating pleasure. The list of nominations were decided by a team of Paddy Power boffins who have since gone into hiding (in the canteen).
Meanwhile, feast your eyes on some of these misses, flops and lame-ass celebrations to jog your memory…
(See paddiesawards.paddypower.com to vote)
- Andriy Shevchenko (Chelsea)
- Sergei Rebrov (Spurs)
- Fernando Torres (Chelsea)
- Juan Sebastian Veron (Manchester United)
- Ali Dia (Southampton)
- Afonso Alves (Middlesbrough)
- Tomas Brolin (Leeds)
- Eric Djemba-Djemba (Manchester United)
- Francis Jeffers (Arsenal)
- Robinho (Manchester City)
- Howard Wilkinson (Sunderland)
- Christian Gross (Spurs)
- Tony Adams (Portsmouth)
- Paul Jewell (Derby)
- Graeme Souness (Newcastle)
- Paul Ince (Blackburn)
- Sammy Lee (Bolton)
- Andre Villas Boas (Chelsa)
- Egil Olsen (Wimbledon)
- Ian Dowie (Various)
- Derby (2008)
- Leicester (2002)
- Ipswich (1995)
- Watford (2000)
- Sunderland (2003/2006)
Worst Goal Celebration
- Robbie Keane (Cartwheel)
- Tim Cahill (Corner flag boxing)
- Alan Shearer (Hand in the air)
- Lee Sharpe (Shuffle)
- John O’Shea (Total surprise)
- Ronny Rosenthal – Aston Villa v Liverpool (1992)
- Fernando Torres – Chelsea v Manchester United (2011)
- Ronaldo – Manchester United v Sheffield United (2006)
- Nwankwo Kanu – West Brom v Middlesbrough (2005)
- Freddie Ljungberg – Arsenal v Bolton (2005)
- David Seaman (Ponytail)
- Djibril Cisse (Various)
- Wayne Rooney (Wig)
- Barry Venison (Mullet)
- Jason Lee (Pinapple)
- Arsene Wenger (Arsenal)
- Alex Ferguson (Manchester United)
- Jose Mourinho (Chelsea)
- Rafa Benitez (Liverpool)
- Neil Warnock (Sheffield United)
- Claudine Keane
- Adriana Sklenaříková Karembeu
- Cheryl Cole
- Abbey Clancy
- Imogen Thomas
- Emile Heskey
- Frank Sinclair
- Bosko Balaban
- Massimo Taibi
- Andy Carroll
- Mark Lawrenson
- Garth Crooks
- Ray Wilkins
- Jim Begin
- Jamie Redknapp
- Gary Neville
- Niall Quinn
- Roy Keane
- Lee Dixon
- Paul Merson
- Alan Shearer
Full terms and conditions
- Punters must nominate one selection in each of our 10 Paddies categories.
- Those public votes will be collected and counted electronically. After that, there will be winning selections which form a Top 10 based on public vote.
- Whichever punter has individually nominated the most selections from the 10 options correctly will win the first prize of up to £5k/e5k.
- If one punter gets all 10 correct, they will get 100 per cent of that prize.
- Otherwise, the prize fund will be divided between the closest entries to the popular vote on a decreasing percentage basis.
- In the event of a dead-heat, the winner will be chosen by a Power Power tie-breaker. Details to be confirmed to those entries.
- Results will be posted on May 27.
- The prizes are in the form of free bets. The free bet part of the stake is not included in any returns.
- Free bets will be distributed within 72 hours of the announcement of the final results.
- One entry per person.
- Paddy Power accepts no responsibility for the outcome of each category nor any offence caused to the winner of any category.
- Paddy Power reserves the right to restrict eligibility for a prize if we believe the promotion is being abused.
- To qualify for a prize, entrants need to have placed at least one bet on their Paddy Power account (www.paddypower.com)
- Open to individuals who are 18 or over, not open to Paddy Power employees.
- Email address must match that registered on your Paddy Power account.
- Paddy Power’s decision is final.
- Closing date for entries is May 20.