**********THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED*************
Good morning everyone.
Sorry about the delay in announcing the winner of this competition, but I was on holidays in the West of Ireland for a few days. I was due back on Saturday, but I stumbled into a fairy mountain and was held captive by the King of the Leprechauns. He wouldn’t let me go until I came to a deep spiritual realisation. After two days of intense meditation, it came to me. ‘He’s a tiny Leprechaun. Kick him in his tiny Leprechaun nuts and just walk out to freedom,’ I realised, so I did. Sean Connery was there, there were a lot of bad Irish accents and some very outdated stereotypes – it was a horrible experience really.
Anyway, the answer to this competition is Dutch goalkeeper and Euro 88 winner, Hans van Breukelen. He played his club career at FC Utrecht, Nottingham Forest and PSV Eindhoven – something plenty of you were able to deduce from the map.
The winner pulled out of my hat of quiz-ending jeopardy belongs to Adam Lilley and for his combination of skill and jamminess, he gets himself a Free £67 Bet. Well Adam and back luck to everyone else.
There’ll be more competition fun soon.
It’s been a while, but after much cajoling and a promise of all the Malteasers he can eat, I’ve finally convinced Whose Career Is It Anyway? to come out of competition retirement. And just in time for the Euros – what a coincidence!
It’s the same as ever. Each of the flags in the below map represent a club that this man or woman (it’s always a man) played for in his senior career – including loan moves. Your task is figure out whose career the flags correlate to and then pass on that information to me.
And don’t mind Fabio Capello surfing in the Bay Of Biscay. He’s not a clue. He’s just there because he likes showing off in parts of the map that don’t have much happening in them.
Competition: Whose Career Is It Anyway
- Send your answer to email@example.com with the subject line ‘I know my football and maps’. Or don’t, it doesn’t really make any difference to your entry.
- DON’T PUT YOUR ANSWERS IN THE COMMENTS SECTION – you’ll only be helping an opponent and giving me license to take the piss out of you. You’re allowed more than one guess, but you’re clever and probably won’t need it.
The prize starts off as a €/£50 Free Bet, but will grow by one euro or pound for every time this tweet gets retweeted or every time this competition gets shared on Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn. That should boost the fund rather substantially and you might win that prize, so you should definitely do it. In the event we get more than one correct answer, the winner shall be drawn from my hat of mystery.
Get your answers in before 10am on Thursday 14th June and I’ll announce the winner soon after. You can use the comments section for begging for clues or general observations on life, but NO ANSWERS please
– Customers must be over the age of 18, have a valid paddypower.com account and be old enough to remember European Championships not ruined by constant playing of ‘Three Lions’.
– Maximum size of the free bet will be €/£150.
– Paddy Power decision is final and moaning will be ridiculed.