- Manchester United have admitted the club’s indebtedness is causing them problems in the transfer market and paying the mega-wages needed to attract the top stars. United’s owners, the Glazer family, are to float the club on the New York Stock Exchange in a bid to raise £64m. United return for pre-season training tomorrow but will have to do without Paul Pogba who has joined Juventus much to Alex Ferguson’s displeasure.
- Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge in hospital with suspected case of viral meningitis. Results of tests not known until Friday.
- Andre Villas-Boas wants £50m to overhaul Spurs’ squad after signing a three-year contract with the London club yesterday.
Latest Premier League betting:
- Andy Murray(25) takes on David Ferrer (30) at Wimbledon this afternoon with a place in the Men’s semi-final awaiting the winner. The pair have met 10 times each winning on five occasions.
Latest Tennis odds:
- Trainer John Gosden warns that last year’s King George VI winner Nathaniel may not be fully wound up for his seasonal debut in the Coral Eclipse at Sandown on Saturday. So You Think heads the market for Aidan O’Brien on what will be his last run before he retires to stud in Australia. Tonight’s meeting at Chepstow and Perth have been abandoned while Fairyhouse is rescheduled for next Tuesday.
TOUR DE FRANCE:
- Britain’s Bradley Wiggins lies in second place in the overall Tour De France classifications behind Switzerland’s Fabian Cancellara after yesterday’s Stage 3. Slovakian Peter Slavan claimed his second stage victory of the Tour in the steep uphill finish into Boulogne-sur-Mer.
Tour De France:
- Preparations continue for the British Grand Prix at Silverstone on Sunday.
British Grand Prix latest: