- The Gunners are in crisis as Theo Walcott’s contract is up for renewal and Arsenal fans fear he might do a RVP and exit the Noth London club. The Gunners are considering reporting Manchester City for allegedly ‘tapping up’ the Dutch striker.
- Goal-line Technology (GLT) got the all-clear yesterday from the International FA Board (IFAB) approved two systems Hawk-Eye and Goalref. GLT will be introduced in the World Club finals in December and at the World Cup 2014 in Brazil. The Premier League hopes to have it available sometime next season.
- Rangers must try to rebuild after it was confirmed they will start the new season in Scotland’s third division.
- Betting: Premier League outright
- Betting: Premier League opening day
- Farhh is Paddy Power’s new favourite for the Coral Eclipse on Saturday after So You Think was ruled out and now retires to stud in Australia.
- Wayne Rooney recorded his first win as an owner yesterday when Yourartisonfire bolted up at Haydock.
- Warwick has been abandoned after heavy rain left the track waterlogged but there are six other meetings at Sandown, Doncaster, Haydock, Beverley, Wexford and Bellewstown.
- Friday’s racing
- It’s Men’s semi-finals day and Andy Murray attempts to become the first British player since Bunny Austin in 1938 to reach the Men’s Wimbledon final. He takes on France’s J-Wilfried Tsonga on Day 11 while Novak Djokovic faces Roger Federer in the other contest.
- Men’s semi-final betting A Murray v JW Tsonga
- Men’s semi-final betting N Djokovic v R Federer
- Christian Nilsson leads the French Open after shooting a 65 to leave him on six-under-par, one shot ahead of Italian teenager Matteo Manassero at Le Golf National near Paris. On the US Tour, Vijah Singh shot a seven-under-par to lead the Greenbrier Classic by one shot from Jeff Maggert. Tiger Woods is eight shots adrift on one-over-par.
- French Open & Greenbrier Classic