We knew it was a risk but Paddy Power punters will be laughing all the way to the bank after SIX red cards in the opening weekend of the new football season.
The most high-profile was the dismissal of Liverpool’s Daniel Agger against West Brom which resulted in Paddy Power refunding all losing first/last goalscorer, correct score and scorecast bets on that game.
Fellow Premier League fixture Reading v Stoke also saw punters refunded after Dean Whitehead was dismissed for the visitors.
With League One fixtures Crawley Town v Scunthorpe (Duffy), Crewe v Notts Co (Arquin) MK Dons (Kay) v Oldham and the League Two clash of Rotherham v Burton Albion (Bell) all seeing players get their marching orders it’s all left Paddy a bit RED-faced.
But it doesn’t stop here.
If there is a red card in any game from the English top four divisions until after Everton v Manchester United on Monday night Paddy Power will refund losing first/last goalscorer, correct score and scorecast bets on that game.
- Applies to all Premier League, Championship, League 1 and League 2 matches, played from August 17th to 20th inclusive.
- Applies to singles placed before kick-off only
- Applies to 1st/last goalscorer, correct score & scorecast markets only.
- Applies to win part of each-way goalscorer bets only.
- Max Refund e/£100 per customer/bet.
- Player must be on the field of play when the red card is awarded for special to apply
- Paddy Power football rules apply.
- Betting: Premier League Matches
- Betting: Npower Championship Matches
- Betting: League One Matches
- Betting: League Two Matches