It’s the opening day of the new season. Expectations are high. You’re the club’s striker and want to get off to a good start. Keep the manager happy. Keep the fans happy. Add to the win bonus. So here’s what NOT to do when you take a penalty.
[Warning: Adjust volume control downwards]
1. Shane Long, WBA v Liverpool
He wasn’t fit enough for Giovanni Trapattoni, but he caused Liverpool plenty of problems. Not with this penalty, mind. Howler, boy.
2. David Silva, Man City v Southampton
Expectations are high so here’s the chance to settle the nerves David. City fan’s reaction in background sums it up.
3. Steven Taylor uses his head, Newcastle v Spurs
No point in hoofing it to row Z. Give it to the keeper, son.
4. Demba Ba peach in the same game
Back to goal. Five defenders and the keeper to beat from a tight angle. Get in!
5. Whatever Swansea can do, Barca can do 5-1 v Real Socieadad
Where the Swans lead, Barca follow. Who’s your money on to do it again though?