Today’s Premier League action features a cracking match between Liverpool and Arsenal. It’s one of the tastiest fixtures of the weekend as both teams try to get their first win on the board. We’ve trawled through their recent head-to-head matches and picked out some of the best stats to inform your betting ahead of the big game.
- Liverpool have only won one of the last 10 league fixtures against Arsenal with six of these being draws
- The last time these two teams played out a 0-0 draw was in January 1999
- In the last 12 fixtures between these two in all competitive matches, five of those have finished 1-1
- Arsenal are unbeaten in their last six league games but five of these have been draws
- In Liverpool’s last six games at Anfield they have only won one
- If Liverpool lose today it will be their worst start to a season since the 1962/63 campaign
- The last time Arsenal drew three consecutive games 0-0 was in over January and February 2009 where they had four stalemates on the spin
- In the last four league games between these two there have been three own goals, three sendings off and two penalty-kicks.
- In the last seven league meetings there have been seven goals scored in the 90th minute or later
- In 176 league meetings between the two, Arsenal have won 61 and Liverpool have won 69
Looking at the stats and the recent form the Paddy Power Blog team likes the look of the 1-1 draw which is 11/2. From the other notable numbers, it’s 13/5 for there to be a red card in the game. A penalty to be scored is 11/4 and it’s 15/2 that there is an own goal at any time. If you fancy a late goal it is 10/11 that the last goal is scored after the 73rd minute.
Paddy Power has also got a whopping Money-Back Special slapped on the game. If Steven Gerrard scores at any time, Paddy will refund losing first goalscorer, last goalscorer, scorecast and correct score singles on the match!