Two teams you’d be expecting to be fighting in and around the top six come the end of the season go at it on Monday at Goodison Park. Everton have started unusually well this campaign and until the disappointing result against West Brom, had strung together some handy form. Newcastle, who impressed many last year, have struggled to match that electric level of performance but are still a very handy outfit.
It has the potential to be a cracking Monday night game and before you place a bet here’s all the latest stats and numbers you need to know!
- There was an own goal in both games these two played out last season
- There has been over 2.5 goals in the last three games between Newcastle and Everton
- In 161 games between the two sides, Newcastle have won 64 and Everton have won 63
- In the last three games between Newcastle and Everton there have been over 1.5 goals before half-time
- Newcastle haven’t kept a clean sheet in five consecutive league games
- Everton have only lost one of their last eight league games
- The Toffees have won their last five games at Goodison and only conceded one goal
- Newcastle have only won one of their last four away games in the Premier League
Many would be expecting this game to be a tight low scoring contest but the trends suggest something quite different. Everton are the odds-on favourites to take three points out of the game at 5/6 with Newcastle looking a tasty price at 10/3. You can get 5/2 for honours to be even on Merseyside.
Alternatively you can also follow the trend of Newcastle struggling on the road and Everton defending well at home. The Toffees to win to nil is 2/1. If you think there will be a third own goal in three games between these two it is a whopping 8/1 to happen at any time.