Reading fans must be more hungry than most for a Premier League game as it’s been over three-and-a-half weeks since they last played a top-flight match. Andre Villas-Boas probably isn’t looking forward to the game as much with the pressure being heaped on the Tottenham gaffer to start producing the results. Neither team are yet to notch up a league victory this season and both will be backing their chances going into this one.
Before you start placing your Sunday afternoon bets, here’s all the numbers you need to know.
- Tottenham have won just one of their last eleven Premier League away games
- In their last two Premier League seasons, Reading have always picked up a win in their first three fixtures
- In the last six fixtures between these two Spurs have won four and Reading have won one
- Tottenham have won the last two head-to-head games 1-0
- In each of the last four games there has been a goal before the 25th minute
- AVB has won only three of his last 15 Premier League games
- There have been 21 goals in the last six games between these two which is an average of 3.5 goals a game
- Three of the last five of Tottenham’s Premier League matches have finished 1-1
- Spurs have scored in seven consecutive league games
- Reading haven’t kept a clean sheet in five competitive fixtures on the spin
It looks set to be a tight contest with neither team in particularly eye-catching form. Reading are 11/4 to pick up the three points at the Madejski with Spurs available at evens to get their first win of the campaign. The draw is appealing at 12/5 with both teams struggling with confidence.
From the trends you would expect both teams to be on target and both teams to score is 4/6. Three of Spurs last five have ended 1-1 and that result is 11/2 today. They have won the last two against Reading 1-0 and if you fancy a repeat performance it is 6/1 in the betting.