It was another belting weekend of Premier League action with a healthy return of 24 goals across the nine matches. That’s over 2.5 goals a game for all the stats lovers out there and is not a bad return from the world’s most exciting league. There were some absolute thunderbolts that sparked plenty of debate but Jermain Defoe’s second against Reading, Alex Buttner’s debut strike for Manchester United and Peter Crouch’s Harlem Globetrotters audition against Man City all failed to make the cut.
Hopefully these three net-busters will brighten up those Monday blues!
1. Lukas Podolski – Arsenal 6-1 Southampton
2. Nick Powell – Manchester Utd 4-0 Wigan
3. Matthew Lowton – Aston Villa 2-0 Swansea
If you enjoyed these and are still trying to put off the whole heap of jobs you have to sort for the rest of the week why not check out our top 10 Champions League goals of all time! There’s a few crackers in there including that Steven Gerrard strike which kept them in the infamous 2005 campaign and a thunderbolt from Paul Scholes against Barcelona!
- The top 10 Champions League goals of all time
- Betting: Premier League coupon
- Betting: Premier League outright