League leaders Chelsea head to the Emirates to meet the unbeaten Arsenal in Saturday’s early kick-off and there is every chance that by the time the 3.00pm kick-offs come around both teams are still unbeaten. Chelsea have hit the ground running this year with some impressive performances from key players and Hazard’s impact on the team has been incredible. Arsenal stuttered to a couple of goal-less draws early on but you can’t argue with a victory at Anfield and a draw at the Etihad.
We’ve crunched all the key stats and figures to inform your betting ahead of the game.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their opening five Premier League games only dropping two points on the way
- Arsenal are also unbeaten in their first five games but have drawn three of them
- Both teams have only conceded two goals each in the Premier League and both have scored nine
- The corresponding fixture last year ended 0-0 at the Emirates
- Theo Walcott has scored in two of the last three games against Chelsea
- Arsenal haven’t been beaten in the league since 16th April, Chelsea are unbeaten since May 8th
- Four of Arsenal’s first five games have had under 2.5 goals
- Four of Chelsea’s first five games have had under 2.5 goals
- In eight of the last nine clashes between these two teams there has been at least one goal before half time
- Just under a third of all 177 games between these two have ended in a draw
Looking at the stats it looks set to be a narrow, low scoring game. Arsenal are the 6/5 favourites for the game with Chelsea at 23/10, but the best bet might be the draw which is also 23/10. Both teams have been defending well and for a repeat of last year’s 0-0 it is an appealing 17/2.
Theo Walcott has expressed a desire to stay at Arsenal and play up front and as shown he has a solid record against Chelsea of late. He is 10/1 to score first and 7/2 to find the net at any time but it is still unknown whether the Englishman will play as his contract dispute rumbles on.
Lukas Podolski is expected to start and Paddy Power is refunding all losing first goalscorer, last goalscorer, scorecast and correct score singles on this game if Podolski scores the last goal.