By Josh Powell | Pop Psychic
It’s crunch time in the X Factor with just four acts remaining and time to find the value in the last two weeks of the show. Despite the public’s outcry we are well on board the Chris Maloney express and think the Liverpool lad has a cracking chance of getting to the final two.
- There have been four contestants in the X Factor live shows since the first series. Three of those have finished as the runner-up. The other one, Craig Colton came sixth in 2011 but suffered from being up against another scouser and splitting the pivotal Liverpudlian vote.
The whole of Liverpool tends to get behind one of their own and it is happening again with Maloney. There are posters up for him in newsagents, the Liverpool Echo is drumming up support and his songs were even played before Liverpool’s home game against Liverpool.
There is enough support for Maloney to certainly reach the final but probably not win it. As acts are eliminated, floating voters aren’t likely to drift towards the cheesy Scouse crooner but a runners-up spot is perfectly doable.
No act has ever won the competition after being in the bottom two and it’s fair to say that Jahmene Douglas is a worthy favourite. The young lad has a cracking voice, he suffers with nerves and he’s doing it for his mum. It’s a recipe for X Factor glory. Union J are by far the least popular of the four remaining acts shown by the fact they’ve been in the bottom two on three occasions including last week.
With all that in mind these could be the best bets ahead of the last two weeks of the show…
- Union J to be eliminated next : 8/11
- James Arthur to be in the bottom two this week: 11/8
- Jahmene Douglas to win outright: 5/4
- Jahmene Douglas and Christopher Maloney straight forecast: 11/2
There is plenty of support for Christopher Maloney but the voters who were picking up the phone for Union J and James Arthur will most likely turn their support to Jahmene and his price will only shorten. It would be no surprise if he was a red-hot odds on favourite come the day of the final.
- Betting: X Factor next elimination
- Betting: X Factor to be in the bottom two
- Betting: X Factor outright winner