By Josh Powell | Betting news
It was the biggest shock in London since Dirty Den reappeared on Albert Square. Wigan upset money-bags Manchester City 1-0 in the FA Cup Final to win the trophy for the first time in their history. Ben Watson was the man who powered home a header in the final few minutes to ensure he has a JJB loyalty card for life off Chairman Dave Whelan.
Wigan fans will be happy to know that the team that has won the FA Cup has never been relegated in the same year, but a handful of fans will be happier than most.
Three Paddy Power punters had a stroke of punting genius, backing the 300/1 scorecast of Ben Watson and Wigan 1-0. The drinks are on you folks!
But the punishment Paddy was suffering didn’t stop there. The Latics were massive underdogs and the Wembley upset sent the traders in Power Tower scampering.
- 300/1 – Ben Watson to score first and Wigan to win 1-0
- 25/1 – Wigan 10 win 1-0
- 9/1 – Wigan to win in 90 minutes (Betting in-running after 85 minutes)
- 15/2 – Wigan to win in 90 minutes (pre-match)
- 11/2 – Wigan to win in 90 minutes (Betting in-running at half-time)
- 4/1 – Wigan to lift the cup (pre-match)
If you see Paddy out and about in town tonight then give him a hug. If you see Roberto Mancini give him one as well. They’ve both had tough days.
If you haven’t seen Ben Watson’s winner yet we’ve got it right here