By Josh Powell | Betting news
A car. A fortnight abroad. 7,400 pints and a couple of unbelievable nights on the town. There is a lot of stuff £37,000 can buy you, and they are all a whole lot better when it’s come off a £3 acca. That’s just 300p. For 7,400 pints of lager!
One punter walked into a Paddy Power shop in London on Saturday and placed a football six-fold that returned a whopping £37,422 off a £3 stake.
The stroke of gambling genius came on Paddy’s special market which allows you to back a team to win and both teams to score. It’s a bet that not many other bookies do and one that has come back to haunt Paddy today! The fella who came up with the market hasn’t been since Friday…
The bet enhances the price of a team to win so short-price backers can get bigger odds while still backing the red-hot favourites. For example Arsenal are 1/3 to beat Wigan on Tuesday afternoon but backing Arsenal to win and both teams to score is 6/4.
One punter took advantage and his £3 acca was a piece of magic. Here are the six teams he backed with Paddy’s special market and the prices he took.
- Kilmarnock to beat Dundee and both teams to score – 7/2
- Dundee United to beat Inverness and both teams to score – 9/2
- Athletic Bilbao to beat Mallorca and both teams to score – 13/5
- Nurnberg to beat Fortuna Dusseldorf and both teams to score – 6/1
- Marseille to beat Toulouse and both teams to score – 3/1
- Valenciennes to beat Rennes and both teams to score – 4/1