By Josh Powell | International football
The big yellow ball in the sky is back and with farmers tans, home-made paddling pools and sweaty public transport comes the thought of chilling in a beer garden with an ice-cold cider. It’s the perfect scenario, and one that is even more appealing when you consider the drinks could be paid for by Armenia, Slovakia and three other International teams on Friday night.
Quality Premier League action might have ended but we still have some International games to ease the pain of life without football. World Cup qualifiers and a few friendlies thrown in make for an odds-on backers dream as minnows get pitted against top-ranked nations and the odd country has to rope in their local postman to go in goal.
What better way to take advantage of these lop-sided games than by sticking on a 5/2 accumulator and letting Paddy Power get those ciders from the bar for you.
Armenia to beat Malta – 1/4
- These countries have faced each other four times with Armenia winning all four 1-0.
- The last time Malta won a World Cup Qualifier was in May 1993. Since then they have lost 42 and drawn five.
- In World Cup Qualifiers Malta have scored just once since October 2005.
Slovakia to beat Liechtenstein – 1/3
- In eight meetings Slovakia have beaten Liechtenstein seven times and drawn once.
- On average Slovakia score more than three goals a game against Liechtenstein and have never conceded a goal against them.
- Liechtenstein have not won in eight games, scoring twice and conceding 19.
Croatia to beat Scotland – 4/11
- Scotland have lost six of the last seven World Cup Qualifiers away from home.
- Since 2000 Croatia have played 17 World Cup Qualifiers at home, winning 13, drawing three and losing just once.
- Croatia are unbeaten in seven matches averaging exactly two goals a game.
Poland to beat Moldova – 4/9
- In four previous meetings between these two sides Poland have won all four and conceded just once.
- Since the start of 2011 Moldova have played 21 matches, losing 71 per cent of them. Two of the three they won were against San Marino so they hardly count.
- In the last 10 games Poland have found the back of the net 19 times.
Ireland to beat Faroe Islands – 1/11
- In the last decade Faroe Islands have played 64 games and lost 86 per cent of them.
- Ireland have beaten Faroe Islands in the three head-to-heads by two or more goals.
- Ireland have failed to score just once in the last 11 games in the Aviva Stadium.