By Josh Powell | U.S. Open betting
The US Open is the second major of the year and if you’re having a punt on the golf there is only one place you should be going. Paddy’s dress sense might be dubious from time to time – double denim hasn’t been in since the 90’s – but when it comes to golf punting nobody can touch him.
And we’re not just saying that because he’s the boss and want to keep our jobs – the stats back it up.
Paddy Power is the best price on 66 of the 155 golfers taking part in the competition and are paying out six places, seven if you’re betting on mobile. Bet Victor are paying out seven places but are best price on just 36 players so there’s a clear winner out in front.
- Of the high street bookies Paddy Power are best price on all five of the top five golfers in the market.
- Paddy Power are also the best price on 15 of the top 20 with William Hill on 10 and Ladbrokes on just six.
Paddy tops the charts for the best price at the US Open and blows his competitors out of the water.
- Paddy Power are paying out SIX places on the US Open and SEVEN places for mobile customers and text bettors.
- BetVictor are paying out seven places online but we equal or better their price on 139 of the 155 golfers taking part. That’s 90 per cent of the field!
- William Hill beat Paddy Power’s prices on just 28 of the 151 golfers. Boo.
- Paddy Power are best price on 15 of the top 20 golfers in the market. That includes Tiger Woods, Adam Scott, Matt Kuchar, Justin Rose, Lee Westwood, Luke Donald and Sergio Garcia amongst others.
- Paddy wanders around the office doing stuff like this. What’s not to love?
Tiger Woods is the 11/2 favourite to win the US Open for a fourth time. But it is five years since Woods last won a Major and there are plenty of other challengers at decent prices. Colonial winner Matt Kuchar and dual Major winner Rory McIlroy are 22/1 while Ian Poulter is 80/1 to break his Major duck.
- All figures correct at midday on Tuesday June 11