The internet was a wonderful break through in technology and the most life-changing invention since the Slinky. Not only has it given us access to more information we could ever need and improved communications, it also plays home to a wide collection of hi-larious mascot videos.
People falling over and hurting themselves has always been funny, and the only thing that can make them even better is when said person is dressed as some kind of oversized animal.
The Pittsburgh Pirates’ Parrot was the most recent mascot to suffer a fall after toppling over the railings trying to catch a baseball last week. It’s a slow Friday in work and the unfortunate parrot’s face-plant inspired this list of top 10 mascot fights and fails.
If you’ve seen any better ones knocking around the corridors of the internet feel free to add them in the comments section or let @paddypower know where to find them.
1. The Pirate Parrot (Pittsburgh Pirates)
2. Berlino the Bear (2009 World Athletic Championships)
3. Wolfie (University of Nevada)
4. Mighty Duck (Anaheim Ducks)
5. Bertie Bee (Burnley FC)
6. The Raptor (Toronto Raptors)
7. Rufus (Charlotte Bobcats)
8. Ronnie the Rhino (Leeds Rhinos)
9. Jazz Bear (Utah Jazz)
10. Globie (Harlem Globetrotters) It isn’t a fail, it’s brilliant.