Because we know you’re too busy to sift through the mass of platitudes known as football punditry, we’ve done it for you. Here’s just the fillet of Andy Gray’s views on this weekend’s matches with the clichés removed. Well, most of the clichés removed. Sometimes if we removed all the clichés you’d just be looking at a blank space.
Crystal Palace v Tottenham, Sunday 1.30pm, Sky Sports 1
Are the playoff winners good enough for the Premier League? Not getting trounced by Spurs would be good for the self-confidence
- Palace will be up for it
- But Spurs have too much quality
- Confident of a Tottenham win – 2-0
Chelsea v Hull, Sunday 4pm, Sky Sports 1
The Special One is back and Chelsea are already pretty good. Tough start for Steve Bruce
- Chelsea win (NAP of the weekend)
- Terrible opening game for Hull
- Bit of a hiding in store for the Tigers, 4-0 Chelsea win
Manchester City v Newcastle, Monday 8pm, Sky Sports 1
New manager and new mega-bucks signings for City. How moody and Gallic will Newcastle be?
- Doubts about Newcastle – very French, poor travellers
- City’s signings will make a huge difference
- Comfortable win for City