Because we know you’re too busy to sift through the mass of platitudes known as football punditry, we’ve done it for you. Here’s just the fillet of Andy Gray’s views on this weekend’s matches with the clichés removed. Well, most of the clichés removed. Sometimes if we removed all the clichés you’d just be looking at a blank space.
Andy’s treble on Spurs, Chelsea and Manchester City paid off last weekend to get the season off to a flyer for Paddy Power punters.
Everton (8/13), Southampton (3/4) and Manc City (4/9) are his treble picks @ 11/4.
Everton v West Brom, Saturday, 3pm
Roberto Martinez takes charge of his first Premier League game in front of the Goodison faithful after last week’s 2-2 draw at Norwich while the Baggies lost at home to Southampton.
- Everton have a great home record at Goodison Park
- They’ve won six on the bounce keeping clean sheets in five.
- A 2-0 or 3-0 win looks possible at 13/2 or 10/1 for the Toffees
Southampton v Sunderland, Saturday, 3pm
The Saints go marching back to St Mary’s after an opening day win at West Brom while Sunderland somehow managed to lose at home to Fulham despite bossing the game.
- They’ll be confident after last week’s win at West Brom.
- Mauricio Pochettino side plays a nice brand of football.
- The Saints to win by exactly one goal is a 12/5 chance.
Cardiff City v Manchester City, Sunday 4pm, Live SS 1
Cardiff started life in the big league with a 2-0 loss away at West Ham and face moneybags Manchester City in their first home game.
- Cardiff have six new players and could take a few weeks to bed in.
- City’s defence have enough to stop Cardiff but can Cardiff stop City.
- A 1-0 win for the Citizens at 6/1 could be the play.
- Cross on over to all the weekend action here