Swansea v Liverpool, Monday 8pm, Sky Sports 1
Ashley Young may have put a marker down for the World Diving Championships but a fourth win on the bounce for Liverpool against Swansea tonight will show they mean business in the Premier League.
The Swans’ trophy cabinet is the envy of Arsene Wenger (Capital Cup 2012/13) – but Michael Laudrup’s side spent half the season with the cigar out and only stopped the rot this term with a 2-0 win away to West Brom a fortnight ago.
The last time Simon Mignolet had to pick the ball out of his own net in a league game he was at Sunderland. The Belgian international is getting use to the novelty of not conceding goals – and not having a headbanger for a manager – and is 17/10 to keep a clean sheet tonight against Swansea’s strike force of Michu and Wilfried Bony.
Steven Gerrard should wear the captain’s armband for the 400th time tonight in a Liverpool shirt as Brendan Rodgers returns to his club he got promoted.
Here are 10 stats for Swansea v Liverpool on Monday night.
- Swansea have lost four of their last six Premier League games – and drawn the other two
- Their last home win was 2-0 v Newcastle United last March
- Liverpool have won their first three Premier League games this season 1-0
- Daniel Sturridge has scored all of Liverpool’s (3) Premier League goals
- The striker has scored 11 goals in his last nine games (all competitions)
- Two of the last four league games between the sides have ended 0-0
- Goalkeeper Simon Mignolet has kept three clean sheets in his first three league games
- Liverpool haven’t conceded in six of their last seven PL games
- Swansea’s Wilfried Bony scored 31 goals (all comps) for Eredivisie’s last season
- Liverpool have won their last five PL games and are unbeaten in their last 12 (in all comps)