It’s too early in the season to properly justify which Manchester manager holds all the aces, but win or lose on Sunday, you can get involved in a free poker tournament courtesy of Paddy Power Poker.
Whether you’re red, blue or completely uninterested in Sunday’s match, there is an estimated prize pool of €400,000 up for grabs if you know your poker, and it will cost you zilch to enter.
Here are five reasons why it would be rude not to get involved…
- It’s free. It’ll cost you exactly nothing. Bar us hunting you down and handing you money, that’s the best deal you’re going to get.
- There’s over €600 in tournament entries to be won. That’s a hefty prize for a tournament that has cost you zip to enter (see point one)
- In the main qualifiers you can win a seat at the Irish Winter Festival which is worth €1,250. Last year a lad called Tim won the IWF and he pocketed €100k and a pretty sweet trophy. That could be you!
- Poker is ridiculously cool. Look at the lads in Oceans 11, Casino Royal and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. Who wouldn’t want to be like those guys??
- You don’t technically have to be a football fan. The Manchester Derby just happens to end a few hours before this tournament begins. You just have to know when to fold or when to flop. You’re opinion on whether or not Ashley Young is a diving pansy won’t count for anything at the table.
So there is clearly no reason not to take a pop at winning an estimated €400k and a chance to win a seat at the Irish Winter Festival.
All you have to do is download the poker software by heading this way. Log in using your Paddy Power username and password and then find the aptly named ‘IWF Manc Derby’ tournament in the lobby. You should find it under the title ‘Tournaments – Freerolls’ and it all kicks off at 8.00pm on Sunday September 22.