Manchester City v Manchester City, Sunday 4pm, Sky Sports 1
It has been a week of firsts for United manager David Moyes. First win at Old Trafford (2-0) v Crystal Palace in the Premier League and a 4-2 win over Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League.
United fans desperately want him to bring up the hat-trick in the Manchester Derby and the Red Devils are 23/10 with Paddy Power to oblige.
Manuel Pellegrini’s side will look to their exceptional home form and recent head-to-head record against United and are 6/5 to get all three points. City are unbeaten at home this season, and have yet to concede a goal there.
Robin Van Persie and Wayne Rooney at 5/1 and 8/1 respectively to score the first goal of the game for the red half of the City. But City slicker Sergio Aguero is chasing his fourth goal in six matches against United and is 6/1 to score first with newbie Alvaro Negredo a 7/1 shot.
Here’s eight stats that could hep you pick the winner:
- United’s last three wins against City (all comps) have been by a 3-2 scoreline
- RVP has yet to finish on the losing side (W 19, D4) when he scores for the Red Devils
- David Moyes has W9, D2 and L3 of his last 14 PL games v City as Everton manager
- Wayne Rooney has either scored or assisted 40 goals in his last 44 PL games
- Man City are unbeaten at home this season and kept two clean sheets in the process (v Newcastle & Hull)
- City have not failed to score at home since a 0-0 draw with Birmingham in November 2010
- The Citizens have won four of the last five PL derbies between the pair
- City kept 18 clean sheets in the PL last season