As we edge ever closer to October, the number of teams who remain undefeated in Europe this year gets ever smaller. There might not be an English top flight side still there but the usual suspects are obviously knocking around with the odd surprise.
Barcelona have won their six opening games, and Roma have taken 15 points from five matches. Then of course there is Leyton Orient who have won all eight games – a better record so far this year than anybody else in Europe.
Take a bow Russell Slade.
There are seven teams in Europe who still hold a 100 per cent record going in to this weekend. They are Leyton Orient, Rangers in Scotland’s League One, Barcelona and Atletico Madrid in La Liga, Roma in Serie A, Standard Liege in Belgium, and Besiktas in Turkey.
Altogether they have played 43 games, won every single one of them and have a staggering goal difference of +105.
Backing all seven teams to continue their winning streaks this weekend pays out at 52/1.
- 3.00pm Saturday: Leyton Orient to beat Walsall – 10/11
- 3.00pm Saturday: Rangers to beat Stenhousemuir – 1/7
- 5.00pm Saturday: Barcelona to beat Almeria – 2/11
- 9.00pm Saturday: Atletico Madrid to beat Real Madrid – 19/5
- 5.00pm Sunday: Standard Liege to beat Cercle Brugge – 8/15
- 7.45pm Sunday: Roma to beat Bologna – 4/11
- 6.00pm Monday: Besiktas to beat Antalyaspor – Evens
Not a bad accumulator for sides that are yet to drop a point this season.
For punters who are wary of some of the tougher games – Atletico’s trip to the Bernabeu for example is hardly a walk in the park – you can back all seven teams to avoid defeat with a ‘Double Chance’ acca.
Backing all seven teams to win OR draw this weekend still pays out 7/2. It might not be as good as winning every game, but remaining unbeaten going into October is far from a kick in the bollocks.