By Aidan Elder | Chief beggar for your love
We’re not too bothered about winning awards around the Paddy Power Sarky Writing Team. That’s convenient because we don’t tend to win many. But when someone mentioned the possibility of free booze and a trip to Manchester we signed up before we got to the end of the sentence and realised we actually had to do some work about it. We’re aiming to be named the ‘Best Football Gambling Blog‘ and once you look at our flimsy very solid case, that may sound less ridiculous than you might at first think. For example:
- Stupid Punt – our hi-larious weekly round-up of football’s most ill-advised bets
- We’ve got Not Big Sam along other ‘top and way less annoying than other pundits’ pundits, Graham Hunter, Neville Southall and Joey Barton
- Regular stats pieces combining our trademark sarkiness with some useful stats to inform your betting – MUFC on their travels | Biscuits and betting strategy | Manchester Derby
- Random stuff that will make you laugh or leave a comment about how it doesn’t make you laugh
- Oh yeah – and that time we broke the news David Moyes was going to be next Manchester United manager
‘Why should I give a shit about you guys getting pissed for free?’ you’re probably asking yourself right about now and it’s a valid question. The reason we’re pestering you is that the awards are decided entirely by public vote. That means two things. Firstly we can’t use the usual tactic of showering the judges with money and Paddy Power Lucky Pants we employ for winning other awards and secondly, we need you to get voting for us. But don’t worry, it’s really simples.
You can vote for us using email, Twitter, Facebook and Sportslobster, which is a website not a name we just made up. Why not vote via all four platforms? The rules don’t say anything about multiple votes and we’re sure everyone else is going to do it, so why not? The rules do forbid us from downright bribing you into voting for us, but who knows, maybe sometime in the future you’ll log into your Paddy Power account a see a Free Bet sitting there. Who put it there? Who put what where? Exactly.
- go to the Football Blogging Awards website
- stick your email address in the box and hit VOTE NOW
- get an email almost immediately
- Type ‘Paddy Power Blog’ in the section marked Best Football Betting Blog and submit your vote. (don’t worry about all the other categories, we’re being purely selfish here)
- Make sure you’re logged into your Twitter account
- Go to the How To Vote on Twitter page on the Football Blogging Awards website
- Find the #Gambling category on the team line up (it’s playing on the left side of midfield and click it
- A pop up window should open and in it replace the text @ReplaceWithBlog with @PaddyPowerBlog
- Hit the Tweet button and Robert’s your father’s brother
- Hmmm … bear with us, we’re not totally sure
- Oh right, go to SportsLobster Football Bloggin Awards page
- Leave this link somewhere on the page: http://oldblog.paddypower.com/
Voted on all those platforms (we’ll cut you some slack on the SportsLobster thing) yet? Yes? Good, now clear your cookies and do it all again all is left is for us to say thanks. Thanks.