We suspect Paddy Power might have been getting a bit giddy this week with the Brand of the Year awards bash happening in London, but things haven’t worked out too well for the boss. Sainsbury’s scooped the top award – we’re not bitter at all #ShopAtAsda – and Paddy himself drowned his sorrows with cheap plonk and consoled himself by listening to James Blunt’s first album.
It’s probably going to get worse as well this weekend with Paddy Power’s Money-Back Special if Sergio Aguero scores the last goal in Manchester City’s clash with Tottenham. The bean counters are going to be sent scampering if these stats are anything to go by…
- Sergio Aguero has averaged a goal every 96 minutes in the Premier League this season
- If you narrow that down to his home form it is even more impressive – with a goal every 79 minutes in the league at the Etihad Stadium
- The Argentinian is certainly comfortable in front of the home supporters and has bagged seven goals in seven games in all competitions at City
- Aguero is deadly in the top flight this season and has a 22 per cent conversion rate in front of goal
- If that’s not good enough, it goes up to 26 per cent at the Etihad in the league and up to a staggering 29 per cent conversion rate at home in all competitions. That’s almost a goal every three shots he takes.
It’s pretty convincing reading and makes us wonder what the lads who decide these specials are smoking downstairs. It’s been a rough week for Paddy and with Aguero in red-hot form it isn’t going to get any better.