City’s supporters are happier than Nigella Lawson on a two-week beano with their side’s home form.
But backing the Citizens at 1/5 against Viktoria Plzen tonight (7.45pm) isn’t going to give you cash on the hip to impress the girl in accounts when the office party swings around is it?
So it’s time to start working the odds in your favour. Especially as the blue half of Manchester have terrorised some of the best defences – and Spurs – at the Etihad this season.
The most obvious and straight-forward option looks to be backing City in the handicap market at 13/10 (-2 goals).
- The Citizens have scored 16 goals in their last three Premier League home games and conceded just one.
- City have only lost once (to Bayern Munich) in their last eight CL home games and have scored in them all.
- In that time they scored 26 goals at the Etihad, an average of 3.25 goals per game.
You’re banking on the Czech visitors shipping a couple of goals to add to the 12 they’ve conceded so far in the competition. But you’re also allowing for Plzen to try to spoil the party by rattling the onion sack at least once – forcing City into attack mode.
City to win both halves is interesting at 6/5. If you don’t want to be subjected to Sky Sports 4, just tune in as the teams trudge off at half-time. If City are winning – bingo. Go back to what you were doing and mentally start the second half 0-0.
Once City win the next 45 minutes you can congratulate yourself on a job well done and only feel slightly guilty about Sky’s ratings drop.
Bosnian striker Edin Dzeko has seen as little game time this season as Michael Owen in his prime. But he’s still managed to score five goals in eight cameo appearance – including the opener in the 3-0 away win against Plzen.
Dzeko is 9/2 to get the first of the game or 7/2 to score first for his side as three points for City still leaves them with an outside chance of topping the group.
We’re basing all this on goal machines Sergio Aguero and Alvaro Negredo being benched or rested. But if they start a City goal-fest could leave you minted with the Christmas party season getting into in full swing.
- Sergio Aguero can pile more misery on Paddy with this weekend’s Money-Back Special
- £70,000 Result! Paddy Pays Out 4/1 on Aguero To Score Any Time for Man City Fans