Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea all did their best to bust a few football coupons this weekend, but that didn’t stop one punter cleaning Paddy out two weeks before the big day.
One Paddy Power customer staked £3.30 on a seven-team accumulator and won, cashing in exactly £17,383.51. How about that for some festive cheer? The relentless drone of overplayed Christmas songs might even be bearable if you’d just pulled off a 5268/1 shot.
The odds are impressive, but the bet becomes even more extraordinary when you look at the teams involved. It takes a brave man to stick two draws and three away teams in an acca, particularly when one of the away teams is Norwich.
Here is the bet in full:
- Crystal Palace to beat Cardiff 8/5
- Norwich to beat West Brom 7/2
- Leeds and Watford to draw 23/10
- Birmingham and Middlesbrough to draw 23/10
- Southend to beat Chesterfield 5/2
- Aberdeen to beat St Johnstone 13/8
- Abedare Town to beat Prestatyn Town 7/2
Norwich, Palace, Aberdeen and Southend all won convincingly by two goal margins as did Welsh first division side Abedare Town who beat Welsh Cup holders Prestatyn 4-2 at home. Prestatyn also had three players sent off in what we can only presume was a thrilling cup encounter for the locals in Rhondda Cynon Taf.
Going in to the last ten minutes, this punter was still far from home and dry and it took two late equalisers to bring home the bacon. One from Watford’s Troy Deeney after 86 minutes to draw 3-3 with Leeds, and another from Birmingham’s Kyle Bartley in the fourth minute of added time to level the match with Middlesbrough.
That late header sealed the winning accumulator and ensured the ’12 Pubs of Christmas’ are on this fella courtesy of Paddy.
- Stupid Punt: Your craziest Premier League bets for this weekend
- Cha ching! Lucky punters cash in at 500/1 on Manchester United’s 5-0 win
- Cheers Charlie! One Paddy Power punter cashes in on a 350/1 scorecast thanks to Adam’s late penalty