Luis Suarez has been in untouchable form this season, bagging him a potential contract rumoured to be worth around £200,000 a week and a whole host of awards. Luckily with that kind of loose change down the back of the couch, affording a mantelpiece to put his personal accolades on shouldn’t be a problem.
But it’s not just opposition defences who have been having sleepless nights thinking about Luis Suarez. The striker has been giving Paddy Power a few nightmares as every time he finds the onion bag, the bosses profits take another crunching hit.
Punters have been taking advantage and if you banked with Luis Suarez this year you would have profited from a greater interest rate than anywhere in the world. Forget the measly few quid you get in return from Natwest or Lloyds TSB, you could have a 64 per cent profit on your investment if you’d been banking with the Premier League’s hottest property this season.
- Suarez bagged 17 goals in 11 games between his return from the biting ban and December 20. He opened the scoring on four occasions in that time.
- If you stuck £10 on Suarez to score first in every Premier League game this season you would be up £55 – a 50 per cent profit on your investment
- It could be even better though. If you spent the same money sticking £5 each-way on Suarez to score first you’d be up 64 per cent and have a tidy £180.63 in your back pocket. Paddy is one of the few bookies that still offers the each-way betting on first goalscorers after Ladbrokes and William Hill both stopped offering those terms in the summer #SpoilSports
It’s easy to see why Paddy’s been in the horrors in the run up to Christmas and goes some way to explaining why he got Kev from trading a calculator for Secret Santa. More worryingly for Mrs Power in the run up to Christmas, Paddy Power has been best price on Suarez to score first 36 per cent of the time this season – easily outperforming Bet365 and giving customers 22 per cent more than they would have won with William Hill.
Santa and Paddy might have a small obesity problem and a weakness for a pint of the black stuff in common, but on the basis of those stats only one of them will be able to afford a decent turkey this year.
If the shareholders haven’t already thrown their tablet at the wall and crawled into the fetal position reading this, one final stat that might push them over the edge. Luis Suarez was 25/1 to be top goalscorer in September and is now 3/10.
If he keeps up his scoring rate and plays every game he’ll finish the season on a tally of 51. Gulp!
- Back Luis Suarez to be top goalscorer here: Desktop | Mobile
- Get all the odds on Liverpool’s game with Cardiff on Saturday here:
Desktop | Mobile
- Festive fixtures: Who will top Paddy Power’s mini-league over Christmas?
- Punting Hall of Fame: Liverpool and Luis Suarez help Paddy Power customer to £30,000 in Sunday scorecast coup
- Find out how Luis Suarez and Sergio Aguero have been putting cash in your e-wallet