Yes, Big Sam. Soak it up. You’re the talk of Sky Sports News. Social Media folk adore you. There are many, many infographics featuring your big beaming gurny face doing the rounds.
West Ham’s 2-0 win over Norwich made it four clean sheets on the spin for Big Sam and 13 in total this season – the most of any team in the Premier League. Bravo.
Most CleanSheet BPL in This season So Far.. pic.twitter.com/BYoaFeQMuE
— 8fact (@8footy_fact) February 12, 2014
And it’s not just West Ham fans benefitting from some
bus-parking stylish defending and tactical nous from Big Sam. Paddy Punters have been having their pockets lined all season.
- West Ham have won seven matches this season. ALL of them have been clean sheet victories
- Five of the seven victories have been 2-0, the other two have been 3-0
- If you backed West Ham 2-0 every week you’d be up +172 per cent, which means if you had a fiver on it each week you’d have made a profit of £230. The average price of a 2-0 West Ham victory is just over 25/1
- However, the average price of a West Ham 3-0 win is over 80/1. If you were ballsy/mad enough to have backed that every week you’d be up +202 per cent – you’d have trebled your money!
- If you had a fiver on it you’d be up a whopping +£825 over the season. The 3-0 demolition of Spurs was 175/1, whereas Fulham was just 15/1
Take a bow Big Sam. You’re more than just a manager, you’re a hero.