Daniel Sturridge’s disco moves are a familiar sight for fans of the Premier League. The Englishman’s goal against Swansea took his tally for the season to 18 league goals and now his celebration is commonplace on the dance floors of Merseyside.
The Liverpool striker’s phenomenal form hasn’t gone unnoticed by punters who have been using Dancing Danny’s incredible hot streak to pay for a good few nights on the town. Sturridge has scored in 16 different matches this season – more than anybody else – and has opened the scoring seven times already.
- If you stuck £10 on Sturridge to score first every week you’d have £366 in your back pocket. Backing him in every league match would give you a massive 74 per cent profit
- If you backed the Liverpool frontman each-way every league game you’d be making an even more impressive 81 per cent profit. £5 each-way on Sturridge would currently have given you £379.38 in your e-wallet with 11 games still to play
- Paddy Power have been best price on 43 per cent of his matches – compared to Will Hill and Bet365 at 29 per cent, and Boyesports at 14 per cent. Great news for punters, but not so much for the traders. That whirring sound you can hear is HR firing up the printer, ready for a few P45s.
Danny Sturridge’s form doesn’t just stand out in the Premier League. He currently boasts one of the best goals per minute ratios in the whole of European football.
Sturridge’s 18 goals have come from just 1,495 minutes of football, giving him an average of a goal every 83 minutes. A superior record to that of messrs Ronaldo, Messi and Suarez.
Sturridge is also a far more attractive first goalscorer bet with 39 per cent of his goals breaking the deadlock. Messi has only opened the scoring three times in La Liga this year and just 27 per cent of Ronaldo’s goals have been the first of the game.
- Sturridge’s 18 goals have come from just 67 shots giving him an incredible conversion rate of almost 27 per cent
- Away from home that conversion rate rises to a staggering 37 per cent and his shot accuracy on the road is 70 per cent
On Saturday Liverpool face Southampton at St Mary’s Stadium and Sturridge is 7/2 to find the onion bag first. The traders are spending another weekend ducking for cover as punters set their sights on Sturridge’s goals getting another round of drinks in.
Just make sure you celebrate by popping out the ‘DStudge Dance’ in Heebie Jeebies. They’ll love that.