1.30 Triumph Hurdle 2m
- Eight of the last nine winners were from the top four in the betting
- 17 of the last 20 victors won last time out
Guitar Pete won the same prep race as the ill-fated Our Conor before he hosed up last year. But Royal Irish Hussar beat him three lengths over C&D last November as did Lindenhurst last October at Gowran Park.
2.05 County Hurdle 2m
- Irish trainers have won six of the last seven contest
- The last 10 winners carried 11st or less
Arctic Fox and Minella Foru are closely matched on their Fairyhouse form and shouldn’t be too far away. Philip Hobbs won the Pertemps Final yesterday and Cheltenian is a former Champion Bumper winner here who ran a big race when fourth at Newbury last month.
2.40 Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle 3m
- Four favs have won in the last nine contest
- Eight of the last nine winners were first or second last time out
Hot favourite Briar Hill carries the Irish banker tag and can emulate stablemates Faugheen and Vautour for Team Mullins. But David Pipe’s Kings Palace won’t lie down and is unbeaten this season with his last two wins coming at this track. Deputy Dan and Very Wood have place claims.
3.20 Gold Cup 3m 2f
- The last 13 winners came from the first 3 in the betting
- 12 of the last 13 winners were first or second in their last race
Bobs Worth will become the first back-to-back winner of the Blue Riband since Best Mate in 2003 if he claims gold again and is five from five at this track. Silviniaco Conti battled hard to win the King George and fell when travelling well in this race three from home last year. Last Instalment takes his chance after passing a BHA medical and getting the go ahead on slightly quicker ground while AP McCoy has jumped ship to English Hennessy winner Triolo D’Alene.
4.00 Foxhunters Chase 3m 2f
- Four of the last eight winners ran in the previous year’s race
- Last time out winners have won five of the last six contests
Oscar Delta took his eye off the ball last year and dumped Jane Mangan half-way up the run in with victory in sight. He can go close again. On the Fringe and Tammy’s Hill are closely matched on their Leopardstown form but the latter who won that day is twice the price today.
4.40 Martin Pipe Conditional Hurdle 2m 4f
- Four of the six winners had won at Cheltenham before
- Five of the six were novice hurdler the year before
David Pipe tries to win the race named after his father with Vieux Lion Rogue while Caid Du Berlais has some decent form in the book including when second to Jezki last November and was second in the Fred Winter last year.
5.15 Grand Annual Hcap Chase 2m
- The last 14 winner carried less than 11 stone
- Novices have won four of the last 5 contests
JP McManus won this last year with Alderwood and throws four darts at the board this time. AP McCoy has gone for Mr Mole but Ned Buntline is lightly-raced and at the right end of the weights for Paul Carberry. Claret Cloak and Next Sensation are reliable jumpers.