You can see Liverpool fans a mile off these days. They’re the people in the office who are strutting down the corridors rather than walking, at the bar they’re brash and confident, even stood in a queue to pay for petrol they’re positively beaming.
You can’t blame them either.
Liverpool are just four wins away from winning the Premier League for the first time in their history and, as if that wasn’t enough, fans have been cleaning Paddy Power out week after week all season.
Paddy Power have been the best value on Liverpool this season. Hands down.
We don’t want to come across too arrogant and cocky, but we have had so many matches on Tinder recently it’s hard not to be. Talk about a self-esteem boost. We’re getting so many ‘right-swipes’ we’re the Russell Brand of South Dublin. What? Oh yeah, Liverpool fans and their winnings…
- Paddy Power have offered the best price on a Liverpool win in 61 per cent of their matches. William Hill have been best price on just 42 per cent of the Reds’ games, Bet365 have been top on 30 per cent and Sky Bet have been best price on just three per cent. Boo and indeed hiss.
- Liverpool have won 24 of their 34 league matches this season and if you put a £10 single on them each week you’d be up almost £70. That’s a margin of 20 per cent for fans backing Rodgers’ men each week and is a better interest rate than you’d get at any bank.
- You would make more money backing Liverpool with Paddy than anywhere else – which probably explains why so many of the football traders are getting their P45s off Sue in HR. Paddy Power punters would have made five per cent more than Bet365 customers and 18 per cent more than people at Skybet
Skrtel and Sturridge have cleaned us out
Luis Suarez might be attempting to break every goals-scoring record in the book, but’s it’s dancing Danny Sturridge and the remarkably prolific Martin Skrtel who have been putting the most cash in punter’s pockets.
- Danny Sturridge has scored in more matches than anyone else this season (18) which is good news for punters as well as Roy Hodgson. Paddy Power are the best bookie in the industry to back Sturridge with, and have been best price on him in 46 per cent of his games. Will Hill have been best price just 25 per cent of the time and SkyBet almost fall off our Excel graph with a measly 18 per cent.
- Skrtel is the most profitable player in the league with seven goals this season from just 13 attempts! If you had £5 on him to score first in every match you’d be up £375, and if you had £5 on him each-way in every game you’d be up £575 – that’s 348 per cent profit and could probably pay for most of your summer holiday. We’re the only high-street bookie to offer each-way betting online and it’s a nifty way to boost your returns. Just don’t let on to the boss we told you that
- As a cheeky aside Paddy’s best price on Luis Suarez to score first more often than Will Hill, SkyBet and Bet365. We’ll just leave that nugget there for you…
If the title arrives at Anfield…
Liverpool fans who jumped on the 33/1 for their side to win the title back in June 2013 will be looking pretty smug right now and even the punters who jumped on at 22/1 in February have plenty to be happy about. The Merseysiders are now odds-on at 8/11 to win the league for the first time since 1990 with just four games to go. From day one Paddy Power have been a better price on Liverpool to lift the trophy than William Hill.
If you haven’t already heard we’ve been giving out up to a 100 per cent bonus on winning football accas for a few months now and it’s costing Paddy an arm and a leg. The main culprits are probably Liverpool, who have very rarely let punters down.
- We’ve paid out €150k on Liverpool alone in Accumulator Bonuses, across 9,500 bets. The average acca bonus on Liverpool is €15.66 which is the equivalent of a cheeky Sunday night takeaway to ease yourself back into the working week