The boss has only just recovered from shelling out almost €600k to one lucky punter on the final day of the Premier League season, when he received this kick to the plums as well.
The punt itself is pretty impressive. A UK-based punter covered the top three divisions in England, three leagues in Scotland, the Conference and the Conference South in an eight-fold that was masterminded to perfection at the end of December. He staked £200 online and around five months later he was cashing in on exactly £200,930.62.
Sometimes we’re pretty jealous of Paddy Power’s lifestyle. When things are on the up he walks through Power Tower, Twister ice cream in hand, flanked by supermodels, and that Aloe Blacc song rings around him. But it’s weeks like these where we don’t envy the ass-whooping he’s probably receiving from the shareholders.
The bet that spanked him went like this:
- Premier League: Cardiff to finish bottom 10/1
- Championship: Leicester to be promoted 4/5
- League One: Brentford to be promoted 4/5
- Conference: Luton to be promoted 4/6
- Conference South: Eastleigh to win outright 13/8
- Scottish Championship: Dundee to win outright 5/4
- Scottish League One: Stranraer to finish in the top four 1/2
- Scottish League Two: Peterhead to win outright 10/11
OK it might look obvious now, but at the time this bet was inspired. When this bet was struck Cardiff were four points clear from Sunderland who were propping up the Premier League and looked nailed on to stay there. Eastleigh had three games in hand but where will still eight points off the top of the Conference South. Over in Scotland, Dundee had a lead of just two points at the top of the league and Peterhead were in the same position in League Two north of the border.
It takes a whole lot of courage, betting nous and a slice of luck to get into the Punting Hall of Fame, and this lad had the lot!
- Take a stab at getting yourself in the Punting Hall of Fame with all the latest football odds here
- Paddy Power promotes responsible gambling. Please head this way for more information