It was the result nobody wanted – except maybe the Rome office.
The Three Lions now face a must-win game against Uruguay on Thursday night (8pm) with manager Roy Hodgson facing a summer trip to the job centre if the team don’t make it past the group stage after last night’s 2-1 loss to Italy.
And Paddy – already staring down both barrells of a caning had England won – will wake from his Manaus hangover this Sunday morning, knowing he’s screwed up. Bigtime.
Giddy from a heady mix of Samba-ing through the favelas in Rio and that feeling of invincibility that only a night of Jagerbombs can bring – Paddy last week pledged to give MONEY BACK AS A FREE BET if England lost their opening game.
And after Mario Ballotelli headed the Azzuri’s 50th minute winner, the FREE BET on losing first last goalscorer, correct score & scorecast singles kicked in harder than a Nigel de Jong tackle.
You should start to see your free bet credited in your e-wallet (if you bet through online, mobile, over the phone, or PP Messenger & Text) or be forming an orderly queue up and down the high street to get your Free bet over the counter. But be patient because there’s a lot to get through.
As for Paddy, he was last seen begging Brazil’s elite police force Batalhão de Operações Policiais Especiais (BOPE) to take him into protective custody.
And the bean counters – not known for their light mood when dragged out of bed on a Sunday – have just started to arrive.
Free Bet Terms & Conditions
- Applies to singles placed before kick-off only
- Applies to 1st/last goalscorer, correct score & scorecast markets only.
- Applies to win part of each-way goalscorer bets only.
- Max Free Bet Refund €/£100 per customer.
- Free bet will be available to use on any football match for 7 days from when it is credited
- Applies to Online, Mobile, Phone, PP Messenger, Text and Retail bets.
- Paddy Power football rules apply.
- Paddy Power reserves the right in its discretion to exclude and/or limit the availability of the offer to certain customers