Brazil (4/7) v Chile (5/1), Draw (16/5)
Saturday, 28 June, 5pm
- I’d backed Chile at the start at each way at 50/1 but for them to get to the semi-finals they needed to avoid Brazil here.
- Chile are a really good team and will score goals.
- Brazil are a little too reliant on Neymar but Fernandinho will make a big difference — Brazil are so much better with him.
- Brazil are so emotional with the national anthem — they need to focus and conserve that energy more.
Colombia (Evens) v Uruguay (3/1), Draw (5/2)
Saturday, 28 June, 9pm
- Uruguay will try to keep this tight without Luis Suarez, they’re not strong enough to compete.
- Colombia have been one of the best teams, along with Chile.
- With Falcao (injured) Colombia could’ve gone all the way.
- Uruguay might try to go for penalties to scrape through.
3-1 to Colombia at 17/1
Netherlands (11/10) v Mexico (11/4), Draw (12/5)
Sunday, 29 June, 5pm
- I still don’t think this is a great Holland team but RVP and Arjen Robben are big match winners.
- Mexico won’t be able to handle Robben’s pace. He’s getting quicker at 31 — it’s ridiculous.
- RVP gives you great quality, movement, great on the ball, receiving the ball. Most of all, a great goalscorer.
- Memphis Depay has really impressed me — he could make a difference from the bench.
3-1 Holland at 17/1
Costa Rica (6/4) v Greece (21/10), Draw (21/10)
Sunday, 29 June, 9pm
- Costa Rica have been impressive, beating Italy and Uruguay and drawing with England.
- Joel Campbell, the Arsenal player on loan at Olympiacos, is Costa Rica’s main threat with a goal and an assist in three group stage appearances. He’s 11/4 to find the back of the net against Greece at anytime.
- Greece rely on their defence — conceding just four goals in 10 qualifiers on their way to Brazil. It’s just they don’t score a lot, usually.
2-1 to Costa Rica at 9/1
I’ve backed Chile for value, but France have got the most impressive team and are available at 17/2. Good back four, good keeper. Quality in the middle of the park and Karim Benzema is a top-class centre forward.