The Tour de France detour via Essex has given cycling’s crème de la crème a fleeting glimpse of the UK’s finest tanning salons, nail bars and nightclubs.
So Paddy Power thought it only right to offer them the chance to cross the line with confidence, thanks to our hastily-assembled Clean Urine Swap Stand.
Sadly, it’s too late for Lance Armstrong, but located well out of the watchful eye of race officials, the lycra-loving had the chance to whiz by and grab a little helping hand for those tense moments towards the finish. No expense spent, by the looks of things.
Paddy personally asked members of our own cycling club, the Paddy Power Dope Peddlers, to donate urine while draining the spuds, ensuring 96% non-tainted urine samples.
Ken Robertson, Directeur Sportif of the Paddy Power Dope Peddlers cycling fraternity, said: “We’re more widely known for taking the piss than we are for giving it away but desperate times call for desperate measures and we’re delighted to have played our part in cleaning up competitive cycling.”
- Taking the piss or crossing the line? Let us know what you think on Twitter or in the comments section below…
- Holland v Argentina: We break down the stats to pick out the best bets for punters
- No Neymar, no chance? Why Brazil’s missing superstar makes this 16/5 shot look like great value
- Tour de France: If the history of cycling tells us anything it’s that the bad guys usually win
- CUNNING STUNTS: It’s Saint Nicklas and 15 of Paddy Power’s biggest controversies