On Saturday Chris Weidman and Lyoto Machida put on one of the fights of the year, Ronda Rousey put on the most spectacular 16 second performance ever and Uriah Hall toughed out a horribly broken toe.
On Sunday Frankie Edgar retired BJ Penn at the head of an entertaining card which contained seven finishes.
There isn’t enough room here to include all my favourite moments, plus some of last night’s fights have yet to be GIFed by some helpful, law-fudging interneter, so here are the two knock-outs of the night.
First up on the undercard of UFC 175 in Las Vegas bantamweight Rob Font marked his promotional debut by sending George Roop all bandy-legged with a crashing over-hand right.
Then on the undercard of The Ultimate Fighter 19 Finale, also in Las Vegas, Adriano Martins bounced back from his loss to Donald Cerrone with a first round knock-out of newcomer Juan Manuel Puig.
- UFC GIF: Ronda Rousey retains her title with 16 second finish
- UFC GIF: Daniel Cormier KOs Pat Cummins, who’s crying now?
- UFC GIF: Roy Nelson Knocks Big Nog The F*** Out!
- UFC GIF: Donald Cerrone wins with a kick to the face
- UFC GIF: Shogun Rua beats James Te-Huna with a showtime knock-out