You may remember that before the World Cup the geniuses in Power Tower decided that if you stuck £20 on a top goalscorer at the tournament, we’d give you a free £5 bet every time he scored. This offer went down a storm with punters who lapped up Paddy’s offer, and it was all smiles around the office as people patted themselves on the back.
It didn’t take long for that to go completely t*ts-up however as Lionel Messi, Thomas Muller, James Rodiguez, Robin van Persie and Neymar all started finding the onion bag at will. Paddy started to empty his pockets and the bean-counters were frantically moving the maths to try to keep up with some monster payouts. It wasn’t a pretty sight. Many abacus’ were harmed.
Much like men who keep waiting for Katie Price at the end of the aisle, Paddy Power hasn’t learned.
If you place a €/£20 bet on a player in the Premier League top goalscorer market between August 1 and August 16, you’ll get a free €/£2 bet every time that player finds the net this season. You don’t need to be Jimmy Neutron to figure out that if your fella bags a minimum of 10 goals in the season you’re in the green.
Paddy Power isn’t shy in being a bit mad – taking on Sprinter Sacre at Cheltenham in 2012, pretending to deforest the Amazon before the World Cup, not to mention sending a cross-dressing former NBA star to North Korea in attempt at basketball diplomacy. The CV of crazy goes on, and this offer might just take the biscuit.
If the powers that be had decided to run this offer last year for example there would have been carnage. Suarez’s 31 goals means, at €/£2 a pop, punters would have gobbled up £62 in free bets through the season. Here is just a small snapshot of some of the other free bets you could have cashed in on in if Paddy Power had run this offer last season.
It doesn’t even include the £380 you would have won from having £20 on Luis Suarez at 18/1 in August before the season kicked off.
Wayne Rooney is an example of a player who has never quite topped the goalscoring charts in the Premier League. He’s 12/1 this season, but with Paddy Power’s offer in mind you’d be crazier than a badger in a sombrero not to consider the United striker. Despite never being the league’s top scorer, if Paddy’s offer had run over the last decade you’d have made a healthy whack of Rooney.
It’s the bet that keeps on giving as throughout the season every time your man finds the net there’s another €/£2 heading into your e-wallet. That’s your cheeky scorecast or ambitious acca sorted for the following fixtures and it’s all coming out of Paddy’s pockets.
The men in white coats are starting their engines…
Premier League Top Goalscorer betting
Sergio Aguero: 9/2
Robin van Persie: 9/2
Daniel Sturridge: 5/1
Diego Costa: 7/1
Wayne Rooney: 12/1
Edin Dzeko: 14/1
Alexis Sanchez: 16/1
Olivier Giroud: 20/1
Romelu Lukaku: 20/1
Loic Remy: 20/1
Full T&Cs to get stuck into
- Applies to bets placed Online, Mobile, iPad, Text and PP Messenger; does not apply to bets placed via Phones (Dial-A-Bet).
- Applies to bets placed on Premier League 2014-15 Top Goalscorer market only.
- Applies to bets placed from 12am Friday 1st August until 12:25pm on Saturday 16th August.
- Qualifying bet must be £/€20 or more on a single player (either £/€20 win or £/€10 each-way).
- Maximum £/€2 free bet per selection per Premier League goal scored.
- Own Goals don’t count.
- Customers who use Cash Out on their original Top Goalscorer bet, will no longer be valid for Free Bets when their selection scores.
- Free bet can be placed on any sport and are valid for 48 hours.
- Free bet stakes not returned.
- Free bets will be credited on a weekly basis, by 12pm every Monday.
- To continue qualifying for free bets, customers must have staked at least £/€10 in actual (non-freebet) sportsbook stakes in the 30 days prior to each free bet being credited.
- A customer will be able to claim a maximum of £/€10 in free bets per week (Monday to Sunday).
- Paddy Power reserves the right, at its discretion, to withdraw this promotion from certain customers and to change the terms or availability of this offer at any time.
- Premier League / OPTA will be used for settlement purposes.
- Paddy Power Football Rules Apply.