The El Clasico has arrived. Cristiano Ronaldo, James and Toni Kroos take on Luis Suarez, Lionel Messi, Neymar and Xavi. Real Madrid v Barcelona. It’s the clash of the meaga-stars we’ve been waiting to watch all season.
Apart from this weekend, we won’t be able to watch the first 15 minutes. Why? Because a combination of busy-bodies in charge of the Premier League and La Liga have managed to send football fans up the creek without a paddle once again. The game kicks off at 5pm, but Sky Sports can’t show any football live until 5.15pm in order to protect the English 3.00pm kick-offs. That’s our 3.00pm kick-offs that, this weekend, include such delights as West Brom v Crystal Palace.
We always preferred Craig Gardner to Andreas Iniesta anyway…
The good news is that if a goal goes in during the 15 minute blackout, Paddy Power will refund your losing first goalscorer and last goalscorer singles as a free bet.
If that’s not enough good news ahead of El Clasico, the stats are looking pretty good for punters to cash in as well. The bean counters in Power Tower obviously haven’t checked the statistics recently, because the trends suggest an early goal could well be on the cards.
- In four of the last five matches between Real Madrid and Barcelona, there was a goal inside the opening 13 minutes
- In five of Madrid’s eight games this season there has been a goal inside the first 15 minutes
- In almost half of Barcelona’s away games in La Liga last season there was a goal inside the first quarter-of-an-hour
Wham, bam, thank you ma’am. The stats point to an early breakthrough and that’s music to the ears of Paddy Power punters getting on our MBS.
If you’re struggling for a first goalscorer punt, the immaculately gelled-one, Cristiano Ronaldo is the 7/2 favourite, closely followed by Lionel Messi who is 9/2 to score first and equal the La Liga all-time scoring record. The returning Luis Suarez is 11/2, as is Neymer, while Karim Benzema is a 6/1 poke. Talk about an embarrassment of riches.
Take a punt and you can be safe in the knowledge you’ll be getting your cash back as a free bet if there’s an early goal that you can’t watch on Sky Sports. Oh, and you didn’t hear it from us, but there’s probably a decent illegal stream of the game online somewhere ensuring you don’t miss a kick of the Clasico. Not that we endorse illegal streams. No siree…
- Applies to singles placed before kick-off only
- Applies to 1st & last goalscorer markets only.
- Applies to win part of each-way goalscorer bets only.
- Max Free Bet Refund €/£100 per customer.
- Free bet will be available to use on football matches for 7 days from when it is credited
- Applies to Non-Retail bets only
- Paddy Power football rules apply.
- Paddy Power reserves the right in its discretion to exclude and/or limit the availability of the offer to certain customers