The highlight of Cheltenham’s three-day Open meeting the Paddy Power Gold Cup is on Saturday (2.30pm) as the jumps season revs up a gear.
There’s more plots than who killed Lucy Beale as the powerhouse stables on both sides of the Irish Sea chase the big bucks – and the consolation prize of having to shake Paddy’s hand.
You’ll need more resilience than Arsenal’s back four to get throu the three days but we’ve gone through the big-race stats and together with the good people in design (mainly their work) – have come up with this flashy Infographic to help you narrow the field in a race where Paddy is paying the first 5 home on bets from 10am on Thursday morning.
But don’t just want to take our word for it.
There’s expert analysis on the Paddy Power Blog from top jock Ruby Walsh who fancies a 10/1 shot as well as video tips from the Yeeehaaa-ing Matt Chapman and trainer Jamie Snowden who trains market leader Present View
[Handy Hint: click on desktop or tap on mobile to enlarge]
- Major hat tip to ace designer Eleonore Kellenberger for this infographic
The final declarations will be known on Friday morning as last year’s victor Johns Spirit looks to become the first dual winner since Cyfor Malta in 2002 but the challengers are queuing up to take the reigning champion’s crown.
Jump over to all the latest horse racing odds including the Paddy Power Gold Cup on desktop | mobile
- Ruby Walsh exclusive: Why Hurricane Fly has to regain his mojo to beat Jezki at Punchestown
- Ruby Walsh exclusive: This 10/1 shot looks the class act in the Paddy Power Gold Cup
- YEEEHAAA! Watch Matt Chapman’s horses to follow for the Cheltenham Open meeting and a 12/1 tip
- Jamie Snowden: Our 6/1 Elvis can definitely leave his Paddy Power Gold Cup rivals all shook up