He did two routine canters this morning, and now we have to keep our fingers crossed that all goes smoothly over the next 36 hours.
We declared this morning for the race, there are 19 runners and we have a great racing weight of 11 stone.
We all know our lad now, and I thought I’d have a look through the some of the opposition.
I particularly fear Evan Williams’ Buywise who has had a similar preparation to us in that Evan gave him a prep run over hurdles.
We beat him at the Festival last season and we reappear on better terms this time, but if he jumps better then he could be a big danger.
Obviously Johns Spirit has to be considered a danger – he won the race last year off 139 but is now off a mark of 156, and it will take a Gold Cup performance to win this race off that sort of mark, but he loves the track.
The same could be said of Oscar Whisky, but the main dangers could be Indian Castle and Shanpallas. Indian Castle has been improving all the time, and he stays very well, whilst Shanpallas won the Munster National in the style of a good horse – he could be the one to fear most.
The other horse that is probably over-priced is Ataglance, who was second to us at the festival and is now 1lbs better off with us today.
Well, I could go through the whole race and give a case for most of them however I don’t want to talk myself out of this….I wouldn’t swap Present View for any other horse in the race, we just need some luck in running.
Pages: 1 2
- Jamie Snowden: It’s now or never for Present View as he schools beautifully ahead of his date of destiny
- To the bank! Nottingham Forest’s Jamie Paterson is the punter’s pal
- Camilla Henderson: The Seven Barrows horses will look a million dollars this weekend for Cheltenham
- Paddy Power Gold Cup Infographic: The big-race stats that could help you pick the winner
- Ruby Walsh exclusive: This 10/1 shot looks the class act in the Paddy Power Gold Cup