We hate to say it, but in little over four weeks a jolly fat man will attempt to fit down your chimney and steal your mince pies. In even worse news, family members you’re not entirely fond of will expect presents, while there’ll be a world of pain if your gift for the other half isn’t up to scratch. Throw in the joy of a few days off from work and the opportunity to drink at 10am in the morning while still being socially accepted, and it’s clear Christmas is just around the corner.
It’s certainly not the right time to be buying a tree, and far, far too early to play ‘Fairytale of New York’, however it would help to boost the bank balance ahead of the festive chaos. And to do just that we’ve taken inspiration from this punter from Monaghan who won just shy of £250k from a £1 accumulator at the weekend.
Tuesday’s Champions League fixtures provide the perfect opportunity to get involved, and Paddy Power’s 20% Bonus on fourfold or bigger on the win-draw-win and both teams to score market means we’ll (hopefully) be cashing in on £1,300 from our £5 stake.
Luckily we haven’t plucked these out of thin air, there is a tiny bit of method behind the madness.
CSKA Moscow v Roma – Draw and BTTS at 16/5
- Neither side have kept a clean sheet in the Champions League this season
- Both sides have failed to score just once in this year’s campaign – Roma away to Bayern Munich, and Moscow at home to the Germans
- CSKA Moscow have lost the last three league games on the bounce, but did take four points off Man City in Europe. Roma have won just one of the last four league away games, and in Europe lost to Munich away and drew 1-1 with City at the Etihad. The spoils can be shared here.
Manchester City v Bayern Munich – Bayern Munich to win and BTTS at 13/5
- Man City have failed to score just once in the Premier League all year – at home to Stoke in August. However they have conceded in 75 per cent of their league games and in all four of their European games this year.
- Bayern Munich have failed to score just twice in 16 games in the league and in Europe this campaign.
- Bayern have kept plenty of clean sheets this year (in 12 of their 16 games to be precise) but City have to win to keep their Champions League dream alive. We can see them bagging a goal against the Germans particularly considering Sergio Aguero’s form, although eventually falling short.
PSG v Ajax – PSG to win and BTTS at 11/5
- PSG have scored in all four of their Champions League games this season, and failed to score just once in 14 league games. They have conceded in five of their last seven league games however, despite going unbeaten.
- Ajax have found the net in 14 of their 17 games in the league and Champions League this season (82 per cent). They have also managed to concede in 82 per cent of those games as well, so expect goals at both ends.
- PSG are hardly watertight at the back, but are unbeaten in all competitions this season and can notch up another win at home to Ajax.
Schalke v Chelsea – Draw and BTTS at 7/2
- Chelsea have found the onion bag in every league and Champions League game they’ve played this season. However in eight away games they have kept just one clean sheet.
- Schalke have both scored and conceded in all four of their European games this season, and both nets have been bulging in seven of their 12 league games
- These sides drew 1-1 at Stamford Bridge in September and it wouldn’t be a surprise if this game finished the same way. A draw would mean Chelsea only need a point at home to Sporting in their final game to secure top spot, while a draw also keeps Schalke in the hunt for qualification.
- Punting Hall of Fame: How to turn a spare €1 into a life changing €250,000
- Childish? Yes. Silly? Yes. Here’s Brendan Rodgers doing the David Brent dance…
- What the hell is wrong with Robin van Persie?
- Manchester United Stats: The stats that prove that Van’s the man to lead a title challenge next season