A week after one punter from County Monaghan pocketed the best part of quarter of a million off a €1 stake, the feelings of jealousy and envy still passionately swirl around the editorial team in Power Tower. The thought of pocketing such riches is appealing. The hero status that comes with it, possibly even more so.
But let’s be realistic. There’s more chance of Barcelona trading Lionel Messi for Glen Johnson’s left leg and a Snickers bar than us clicking a 250,000/1 shot this weekend. However, we can pocket a few quid to light up our Saturday night on the tiles courtesy of Paddy Power’s 20% Bonus on win-draw-win and both teams to score accumulators.
Rather than plucking these games out of the air we’re heading to Holland. Not just for the fancy lights and hipster cafes in Amsterdam, but because in 65 per cent of Dutch league games both teams find the net – that’s 12 per cent higher than Premier League games – and means our chances of coming up trumps are instantly raised. On the way over we’re also popping into Yorkshire, as the two teams in League One who are most likely to score and concede this season, go head-to-head.
Our win-draw-win both teams to score fourfold comes in at around 88/1 and for a €5 you could pocket €530 courtesy of Paddy’s bonus.
- 85 per cent of Heracles’s games have featured goals at both ends
- Heracles have found the net in the last 10 games – despite losing seven of them
- Heerenveen have picked up 65 per cent of their points at home, losing just once there this season
- 69 per cent of NAC Breda’s games have featured both teams to score, including five of their six home games
- NAC Breda are winless in eight, although both teams have scored in five of those matches
- FC Utrecht have a mixed record on the road (W2 D1 L3) but both teams have scored in five of their six away games and they can edge three points here
- Both teams have found the net in 69 per cent of Go Ahead Eagles’ including all six of their away games
- Go Ahead Eagles have lost six games this season, but scored in five of them
- Vitesse are unbeaten in six games at home, but kept just one clean sheet
- Both teams have found the net in 71 per cent of Scunthorpe’s games as well – the two highest totals in league one
- Scunthorpe have conceded in 16 of their 17 games this season, but only failed to score once on their travels (away to table-topping Bristol City)
- Both teams have found the net in six of Barnsley’s last seven games, and they have gone on to win three of them
- Fancy your chances at making it into the Hall of Fame? The latest odds are right here: Desktop | Mobile
- Punting Hall of Fame: How to turn a spare €1 into a life changing €250,000
- Why Jose Mourinho might find it harder to crack St Mary’s than the rest of the Premier League
- Tottenham v Everton betting preview: The game that’s too close to call, but we’re gambling on an 11/1 tip anyway
- Is Brendan Rodgers suffering from a suspect transfer policy and too much tinkering?