- White Hart Lane (Sunday, 12-midday, BT Sport 1)
Spurs haven’t lost against Manchester United since September 2012. Let that sink in as Louis van Gaal’s side march through an eight-game streak that includes just one draw among seven victories. Surely even Mauricio Pochettino can’t screw this up.
Yes, van Gaal’s rejuvenated Reds head to London after amassing 22 points from a possible 24. That’s title-winning form, if it wasn’t for the two teams performing better above them in the Premier League.
Spurs, on the otherhand, are down in seventh, looking very Spurs-ish, but they’re just a couple of points from the Champions League spots. Perfect timing so, for a refresher on the Londoners’ form against the northerners.
(Click or tap the Spurs v Manchester United infographic below for a bigger view of things)
[Infographic design by Andrew McQuillan, Paddy Power Studio]
Pre-2012, it was horrific as our infographic shows. In 25 games under managerial greats such as Juande Ramos, Jacques Santini and Martin Jol (among others), they’d won a total of zero games against Manchester United and Alex Ferguson.
Gareth Bale helped Spurs banish the United hoodoo in September 2012 in a 3-2 away win that marked their first victory at Old Trafford since 1989.
The stats in our infographic show that this fixture loves goals. Both teams to score is a tight 8/15 but you might not get a surer thing than Mel B making an arse of herself on national television.
- Paddy Power also has a rather daft Money-Back Special on this game. If this match ends 0-0, we will refund all losing First Goalscorer, Last Goalscorer, Correct Score & Scorecast singles on the match as a free bet.
In the Red corner, we have a Manchester United side playing the free-flowing, goal-happy kinda stuff that’ll have Fergie looking on as proud as a certain red-nosed reindeer.
In the white corner, the baby-faced cherubic Argentinian out to remove that smug grin from van Gaal’s big Dutch head. Can the Spurs’ New Year Revolution start here?
Bring it on, folks, bring it bloody on.
- Manchester United Stats: The stats that prove that Van’s the man to lead a title challenge next season
- CUNNING STUNTS: It’s Saint Nicklas and 15 of Paddy Power’s biggest controversies
- Sit back and let us blow our own trumpet about our World Cup offers
- Please love us. Here’s 12 reasons why we smashed it in 2014