Now this is what we call a happy Christmas, new year… Easter, etc.
One Irish Paddy Power punter has walked away with just over €421,000 from a €5 investment on a massive 20-fold accumulator football bet.
He placed it on a Super Coupon on Monday, December 22 in a Galway Paddy Power shop – and 19 of his selections were straight Win-Draw-Win. The customer opted for Man City -1 in the handicap market for the current Premier League champions’ game against West Brom, getting 7/5 rather than the 1/2 on offer for City simply to win.
This win makes him Paddy Power’s top retail punter of 2014 (unless someone else does the business before January 1). Here are those selections in full and (below) his actual Super Coupon.
Punting Hall of Fame? Fella, you’re in the top seat.
€5.00 accumulator wins €421k
- Chelsea v West Ham (Chelsea 1/3)
- Crystal Palace v Southampton (Southampton 6/5)
- Burnley v Liverpool (Liverpool 5/6)
- Man Utd v Newcastle (Man Utd 2/5)
- Leicester v Tottenham (Tottenham EVs)
- Arsenal v QPR (Arsenal 1/4)
- Norwich v Millwall (Norwich 4/6)
- Bournemouth v Fulham (Bournemouth 4/6)
- Birmingham v Derby (Derby 23/20)
- Sheff Wed v Blackpool (Sheff Wed 8/13)
- Middlesbrough v Nottm Forest (Middlesbrough 4/5)
- Bristol City v Yeovil (Bristol City 4/7)
- Notts County v Mk Dons (Mk Dons 10/11)
- Leyton Orient v Crawley (Leyton Orient 8/11)
- Preston v Barnsley (Preston 4/6)
- Burton Albion v Tranmere (Burton Albion 4/5)
- Aldershot v Barnet (Barnet EVs)
- Macclesfield v Grimsby (Grimsby 6/5)
- Lincoln v Alfreton (Lincoln 4/7)
- West Brom v Man City (Man City [Hcap: -1] 7/5)
Just a few rough sums, but that €421k is enough to buy about 97,906 pints of Guinness (€4.30 each at Galway’s Roisin Dubh pub), 11 brand new Volkswagen Golf GTIs (base model via VW Ireland), or about 106,582 six-pack bags of Tayto Cheese & Onion crisps (priced at Tesco online shopping). We know how we’d spend it. Nom.