Solskjaer in 1999, Aguerooooo in 2012 and last night, Mr. Mario Balotelli. There is nothing like a late winning goal, and for one outrageously lucky punter numerous late goals netted him a cool £4.7k.
Let’s set the scene. It is a cold, dark and miserable Tuesday evening. Tuesdays are the most depressing day of the week, so who could blame this online punter for placing a cheeky £2.50 accumulator at 5pm yesterday evening?
Five selections – four Championship games, and one League Two game, all seemingly sensible bets, but they were crackers!
Four games kicked off at 7.45pm and the Bolton game started at 8.00pm. At 8.59pm things were looking pretty damn bleak with ZERO of the five coming through…
- 8.59pm Brentford take the lead against Watford
- 9.10pm Ipswich come from behind and lead 2-1
- 9.12pm Norwich equalise thanks to Ighalo
- 9.30pm Norwich take a late lead, Jerome off the bench to make it 3-2
- 9.35pm Watford 2-1. Ighalo with a 91st minute winner!
- 9.38pm Shrewsbury equalise against Carlisle – 93 minutes gone…
- 9.39pm Shrewsbury steal the three points with a 94th minute winner!
- 9.42pm Bolton finally take the lead with 10 minutes to go
- 9.52pm Bolton score a third and the ACCA is complete!
Not only were there a few managers stunned with so many late goals, no one was left more so than our jammy punter!
Thanks to Paddy Power’s Acca Bonus, our customer also scored an £800 bonus on top of his £3.9k payout. Nice eh?
The bet and the odds are in full below:
- Norwich to beat Charlton – 11/4
- Watford to beat Brentford – 4/1
- Ipswich to beat Sheffield Wednesday – 7/2
- Bolton to beat Fulham – 7/2
- Shrewsbury to beat Carlisle – 16/5
It looks so simples, but talk about a nervy finish!