Are you ready for the roar. After weeks of racing hype and general panic in Power Tower, the Cheltenham Festival has finally arrived. Our crack team of TV tipsters are steaming in, with Ruby Walsh and Turftalk Tom in particularly good form. Top jock Ruby plucked a 9/2 winner out of Saturday’s racing at Sandown courtesy of Babylone Des Motte, while Turftalk Tom doubled it up with 11/2 shot Financial Climate.
Fingers crossed the panel can continue the good from and kick-start the greatest show on earth with a bang.
At the risk of sounding like that muppet from Coldplay, it is all (a kinda murkey) yellow. That’s the colour our tipsters use to highlight a class horse and there’s plenty of them on day one at Cheltenham. The general consensus seems to be that Faugheen (11/10) and Annie Power (4/7) are the bankers of the day – and that pays out a 9/4 double if ou’re interested. While there is also plenty of support for Douvan and Un De Sceaux in the first two races of the Festival.
Just in case you haven’t seen the ad in recent days, we’re giving Money Back as a free bet on all losers if Douvan wins the Supreme Novices’ Hurdle AND we’re giving Money Back as a free bet on all losers if Un De Sceaux wins the Arkle. We’re such a mad bunch.
[Click or tap on the image to enlarge it if you’re squinting]
- Cheltenham Tip Cheat Sheet: Get Barry Geraghty’s best tips for every day of the Festival
- Cheltenham Tip Cheat Sheet: Legend Ruby Walsh gives you the best bets for the Festival
- Cheltenham Tip Cheat Sheet: Yeeehaaa Matt Chapman’s here with his best bets of the Cheltenham Festival
- Cheltenham Tip Cheat Sheet: Snooker legend and racing nut John Parrott gives you his best bets of the Festival
- Where Is Your Money Going on day one of the Cheltenham Festival?
- Cheltenham Day 1: as the bookie spanking happened