We spent far too much of our adolescence locked in our bedroom writing bad teenage poetry and not enough of it down in dark snooker halls. That’s probably why none of us are a snooker World Champion and we’re also awful at poetry. So we’ve enlisted the help of top snooker pundit and really nice guy, John Parrott to take us by the metaphorical hand and guide us through the two and a bit weeks of mega-tense Crucible action.
In our third chat with the 1991 World Champion he looks at the quarter final draw.
Anthony McGill v Shaun Murphy, Tuesday 10am – game in play
- McGill has been the surprise package and beating Mark Selby opened a lot of eyes
- He’s a very good temperament and looks a player for the future
- Murphy is a heavy scorer though and I’d fancy him (-3.5 frames on the handicap) @ 4/5
Ding Junghui v Judd Trump, Tuesday 10am – game in play
- Ding came back from 4-0 in round one and 5-1 down to Higgins but won both
- He can’t afford to do that against Judd Trump though
- Ding was my outside bet for the title and I’m taking the (-2.5 on the handicap) at 4/5.
Stuart Bingham v Ronnie O’Sullivan, Tuesday, 2.30pm
- It wasn’t great to here Ronnie O’Sullivan’s comments yesterday
- The Rocket beat Bingham 6-0 the last time & usually wins over the longer matches too
- Bingham is a scorer but if Ronnie’s up for it he can do him (-4.5 frames) @ 4/5
Barry Hawkins v Neil Robertson, Tuesday, 2.30pm
- Hawkins is a wonderful match player and did really well to beat Mark Allen 13-11
- Robertson was clinical in demolishing Ali Carter 13-5
- Neil has been the best player in the tournament so far and looks a play at 8/11 (-3.5 frames)